Ension puuhanurkka

Jorinoita tyhjänpäiväisyyksistä

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Budapest, Brisbane, Brussels, Bratislava....


Thumbs up!

Today I got an e-mail I have been waiting for several weeks. From January on I will be working in the Office of Labour, Social Affairs and Family (EURES), Bratislava, Slovakia. Actually (using one of my word in english which I constantly repeating -thanks Ildi to recognize that) I will be doing an internship there. The tasks I will be doing there seems to be really challenging and I'm a bit afraid if I had "bite too big piece of cake". Luckily I'm a trainee so obviously I will be there to learn new things. Mistakes allowed?

I got this position via CIMO which organisation for coordinating several international exchange programmes. I heard that sometimes it is hard to get internships via them so I got lucky.

It is funny that everytime when I'm staying abroad I'm always staying places that have the letter B in the beginning. I wonder what would be next? Burma, Bern, Bukarest or Barranquilla? Most probably I end up place like Björneborg in Finland. (Cassiano to some day I promise to end up in Brazil to meet you guys! -as you see it is written in my destiny).

I'm a bit freeze at the moment and that is why I'm writing here to clarify and calm my mind a bit. It is so nice that there is something to look for. Another good thing is that because I have to leave from Finland in January I hope I get some boost to finish my thesis.

I am not specially proud of the process of doing my thesis. There is two reasons for that. Firstly I did not find any good theory for my thesis and therefore it lacks of... well everything. Secondly doing my thesis has been a process where I have realized profound flaws of mine - I'm a too lazy and good to postpone the things I have to do sooner or later. That is really devastating as I have succesfully convinced myself of the opposite so far.

That is all for now!

-M-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home