Ension puuhanurkka

Jorinoita tyhjänpäiväisyyksistä

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Railroads


Why god punishes me? I think I have been a good boy. Last Wednesday I took a train from Bratislava to Budapest. In the station I checked my seat reservation from my ticket. It was number 16. Train here have usually coupes for six people in the wagons. For those who do not know what is coupe. It a small rooms shared by usually six (sometimes eight people). Instead of having seats behind each other people are sitting face-to-face each other aka. There are three people in each opposite seat row in one coupe. The coupes are on the other side of wagon and the corridor goes on the other side.

Number 16 was not lucky number this time. Since in my coupe there were Finnish family with three small kids. Family ate, shouted, screamed, played, spoke Finnish, took naps...and I got irritated. I know, I may get irritated too easily. I was listening music during the whole trip and tried to pretend foreigner. It was hard since there were border control so I had to show my passport to officials twice so eventually I think that family got an idea that there were another Finn in their coupe but luckily they were polite enough to ignore that thing.

When I came back from Budapest. I ended by to a smoking coupe by accident. There were 2 people smoking in that small room. Not that nice either. But that was my own mistake since I did not realize that there are also coupes where it is not allowed to smoke.

I have been rather busy lately even though my internship ended last week's Friday. That Friday I went to visit and then Krakow, then back to BA, then one day in Vienna, then job interview in Budapest one night there, back to BA, next day to Kosice, one night there then two nights in BA, then flight from Vienna to Helsinki-Vantaa. In Orimattila two nights and then to Prague. Still I like travelling. Besides travelling my sister visited me, I have been seeing my friends, arranging my future.

Now it seems to be that from July on I will stay at one place 10 months. I wonder how it would feel when I won't be able to start my year to move to another place like I have done last 4 years.

2 Comments:

Blogger 3lina said...

Moikka! Oli kiva nähdä Tukholmassa! :)) Toivottavasti myös Suomen reissus meni mukavasti. Kovin odotan blogiisi uutta materiaalia ;) Ehkäpä itekkin ehdin piakkoin jotain kirjoittamaan..
Hauskaa Juhannusta! halein,

12:02 PM  
Blogger Keiju said...

Meitsi sai kanssa paketin ja olin siitä hyvin iloinen! Täälä sisällä tuoksuu pinaattipiirakka ja mieli vaeltaa kesäillassa. Sateen jälkeen pihalla tuoksuu taivas.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home