Ension puuhanurkka

Jorinoita tyhjänpäiväisyyksistä

Sunday, January 28, 2007

First days in BA! (24th Jan 2007)



Finally I have arrived to Slovakia. I had great fun before that in Vienna before that thanks to Lisa and her mostly Finnish friends. Well, there were also few Austrians. I was lucky to have a chance to see Lisa before she'll leave to Mannheim in February to do her exchange studies.

First two days in Bratislava I did couchsurfing. It was awesome or actually my local host was great as anyone can be. He picked me up from the railway station, made me food, good coffee, showed the way to my work, answered to all my questions and finally give me a lift the place I'm staying now. Besides that he was working, had another couchsurfer from US, had flu and coughed quite a bit and was going to Italy within few days after my stay. I am so grateful.

At the moment I am living in boss's collegues flat. I will live here until the end of January. After that I hopefully find another solution -either flatshare or a studio. I have spend a whole day surfing in the internet and found nothing. I was offered that I can stay my whole stay in here but even though my room is great and location is good. My boss's collegue have a daughter and somewhat I feel awkward to come here late after some restaurant night.

In the work it had been at some point interesting and at some point quiet. On my third day we did a business trip to Vienna which was interesting. The office is located in a really nice spot in Stare Mesto close to many sightseeings and services. I share the office room with two collegues. Atmosphere in the officed seems to be good. It is not too uptight and my collegues are helpful and have also put some effort to find me a accommodation.


It seems that at the moment I have to go to internet cafes to use internet effectively. As I do not have connection at home and even though I have memory stick I can't move any files that I have done to my office computer as it is somewhat restricted. Of course using office computer to personal is a bit questionable anyway.

This week playlist: Nina Simone
Food: Sauerkraut aka Hapankaali

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home