Ension puuhanurkka

Jorinoita tyhjänpäiväisyyksistä

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A thunderstorm and travellers


Yesterday we had a thunderstorm here in Bratislava. And of course blizzards and rain. Even today when I walked to work the air had this weird moist and hot feeling.

Yesterday I also got Welsh guy from Prague couchsurfing at my place. We went for a few beers with his Slovakian Exchange mate. Unforunately they played table football so I just got my beers...

In Wednesday Ilka from Germany came to business trip to Bratislava. She´ll have a holiday next week which she stays here with me Bratislava. So it´ll be my payback for her because she organized me great week last summer in Munich, Dresden and Leipzig.Before that we are going stay weekend (from tomorrow to Sunday) in Budapest. Luckily enough we are able to meet Liam and Ildi who we get to know during that glorious spring 2004. I bet it´ll be plenty of fun and a lot of nostalgic feelings.

For me Budapest was my first time when I stayed longer time abroad and one could actually say that it was my first time when I travelled abroad. In many sense it was experience which gave me so much. It convinced me how enriching it is to live another country and meet people from different cultures. I do not mean to say that these experiences are something you can not live without. Believe me, I know heaps of people who have lived in one place and are definetely wise enough.

Budapest will be also my sixth couchsurfing experience since none our friends in Budapest were no table to accommodate us. Luckily we were able to found a host even with short notice. Couchsurfing is also something which I am convinced at the moment and it seems to be my way of travelling for next few years at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home