Ension puuhanurkka

Jorinoita tyhjänpäiväisyyksistä

Sunday, March 04, 2007

The door in Budafoki ut


It has been almost three years since I spend the spring of my life in Budapest. Last weekend I spend there few nights. I was overwhelmed with the memories and feelings that it felt more like dream than reality. But it felt good. I would say the crown of the trip was definetely Szechenyi Furdo (Spa) and as always we went there on Sunday. I was felt so relaxed after that.

I was there with an exchange buddy from Germany. Who spend there same semester 2004. We met some of old friends who are in Budapest at the moment and of course we did couchsurf. Again we had a great chance to enjoy amazing hospitality this time from English-Hungarian couple.

Funny thing we both wanted to walk on by our former flats. Mine was in Budafoki ut. where I had priviledge to share my time with Austrian, French and Italian flatmates. I am way too serious looking in that picture taking in front of my flat. In real life I was almost jumping because of excitement.

Budafoki ut seemed to be pretty much the same now as it was 2004 but my dear cellar Fitness Club had got new facade with new ads on the street. In Budafoki ut there were still vegetable shop downstairs. My favorite hairdresser who couldn´t speak any English but did best haircuts ever. Close enough there were this cheap and good chinese from where I once got food poisoning. Those worker´s pubs where I once organized pub crawls. That butcher from where Pietro used to get his meat. That nice small café with marvellous cakes. Small shop where I sometimes bought croissants with sausage inside and if I was going to some parties I popped in to get a cheap wine. In the beginning of the street that pub where I always got my weekly Pesti Est....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home